Rehoming Your Dog to TLC’s Companion Paws Therapy Dog Program
We understand how difficult it is when a situation arises that requires you to no longer be able to keep your beloved sweet dog. Companion Paws Canada is not a rescue organization, however we will adopt great matches for our clients and will rehome suitable dogs into our Companion Paws Therapy Dog Program for Personal therapy (emotional support).
Our standard guidelines of dogs for suitability to adopt in our program are below.
- Age range of 1.5 to 5 year’s old
- Good with dogs, kids and adults (cats when applicant has a cat(s)
- Calm temperament
- Low energy level
- Gentle, very friendly and loving
- Confident (not timid or fearful or separation anxiety)
- 20-40 pounds (may be adjusted for specific needs of the applicant)
- No aggression or reactivity
- Quiet (not a barker)
To further discuss, please complete the below form with all the details and upon first review, if the dog is deemed to be potentially suitable, we will schedule a professional temperament assessment with a qualified Companion Paws trainer/assessor to meet you for the assessment to ascertain suitability. If your dog is assessed to be suitable for one of our clients, we will move forward with the adoption and placement of your sweetheart.